Getting started with Bloomberg
Getting started with Bloomberg In-Person
Bloomberg is a global financial markets database providing economic, company and industry data, and reports. It includes business news, analytics and real time pricing for over 5 million securities (public companies) world-wide. It also includes extensive historical data and stock charts. Learning to use this resource can be of use for finding data and analysis for projects, and for employability purposes, as you can demonstrate your experience in using this industry standard database to future employers.
This session will be in person, in the Financial Resources Suite (Bann230a) on the 2nd floor of the Library.
The content of the session will include:
- Setting up an account (you can do this in advance of the session if you wish, by booking a Bloomberg terminal, logging on to the computer and opening Bloomberg from the desktop or Programs menu)
- Booking to use Bloomberg
- How to search and browse
- Types of data available
- Bloomberg Intelligence for Industry and Market reports and data
- Options for help, and learning to use Bloomberg in more depth
Related LibGuide: Data and Statistics by Alice Cann
- Tuesday, October 10, 2023
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)